Discovery Dragonflies program

Mark O'Brien
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:15:57 -0500

Odonata -

I taped the dragonfly program that aired on the Discovery Channel last
week.  It was filmed in Germany (mostly), and featured a lot of slow-mo
footage of Caloptyeryx (maybe virgo and splendens), as well as Anax
imperator (though I think the called it the Green Darner and said it was
world-wide...), as well as Sympetrum and some Gomphid.  Most of the show
related to the Calopetryx (Demoiselles), though and showed in great detail
the mating and copulatory and underwater oviposition process.  Not a bad
show overall, though the narration might leave one a bit sleepy.

		Mark F. O'Brien   Collections Coordinator & Webmeister
		UMMZ Insect Division, 1109 Geddes Avenue
		University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079
		734-647-2199    fax: 734-763-4080
		Michigan Odonata Survey:

To unsubscribe, write to
Applying to college this year?
Apply online at and enter the Tuition
Sweepstakes! You could win $80,000 for tuition to the college of your
dreams! Enter daily to increase your chances of winning: Sweepstakes