Student Queries

Samuel Keith Riffell
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:25:35 -0500

Odonata -

Some advice for students,

When making requests for information on listservs and discussion groups, I
always make a point to list and/or describe ALL the sources (articles,
journals, etc.) that I have ALREADY located or searched.  This serves two
functions: (1) it assures other list members that I am not simply looking
for the easy way out; and (2) it prevents other list members from wasting
their time sending suggestions that I have already seen.

A little extra etiquette can go a long way.......

Sam Riffell

Samuel Keith Riffell
Department of Zoology
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan 48824

To unsubscribe, write to
Applying to college this year?
Apply online at and enter the Tuition
Sweepstakes! You could win $80,000 for tuition to the college of your
dreams! Enter daily to increase your chances of winning: Sweepstakes