fish vision

Richard Rowe
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 09:47:12 +1000

Odonata -

>>I apologize. I was simply trying to stimulate conversation about the
>>behavior from the fish/predators point of view. So far I have seen only
>>accounts of the floating behavior from the human perspective. A description
>>of what a different eye in a different medium observes may be a good
>>exercise to reveal unknown or unthought of components.

There is a book somewhere on fish flies, actual prey, and what the things
look like 'to a fish' (i.e. underwater photos, photos looking up at the
surface with prey or fly lying on water).  It was a US publication, late
80s - early 90s, aimed at trout anglers, saw it in a bookshop but it was a)
so peripheral to my interests and b) proof that a booklet someone was going
to pay for was already done much better, so I didn't cough up.  It wasn't

Richard Rowe
Department of Zoology and Tropical Ecology, James Cook University
Townsville, Queensland 4811, Australia
fax (61)7 47 25 1570
phone (61)7 47 81 4851

To unsubscribe, write to