[Odonata-l] Black Petaltail close-up photo

Bruce Webb BruWebb@surewest.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:55:31 -0700

Hi all:

I want to share an interesting photo I took of a male and female Black
Petaltail (Tanypteryx hageni).  A close-up view shows his terminal
appendages clasping behind the female's head.  I took the photo at Cherry
Hill, Butte Co. California during one of the great DSA meeting field trips.

Because the black on black made things difficult to discern, I had to
lighten up the images quite a bit .  Hopefully the details will not be too
dark in the close-up photo.

Finally, I invite each of you explore the butterflies and odes digest.

It makes for easy reading of ode news across the country.

Bruce Webb
Granite Bay, CA