[Odonata-l] howdy, and a request

zach smith zsgavilan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:48:27 PDT 2005

Greetings all. Dennis was kind enough to get me into the loop here.

I'm a bit new to dragonflies, in that I have just begun to really look hard
at them but am learning quickly. Incredible creatures. Anyway, I operate a
hawk banding station in coastal Virginia during fall and many a dragonfly
finds its way into my mistnets. I've been marking the ones I get, that I can
extract alive, with sharpie pen marks on the wings. I've also been trying to
actively net them as well, which has been pretty successful, and fun. So
far, I've marked maybe 25. It's not much, but I just want to put the word
out to dragonfliers on the mid-atlantic seaboard to keep they're eyes open
for them. I'm curious if anyone on this list knows of or is involved with
local listservs/groups in this area with whom I might make contact.

Thank you.

Zach Smith

"When I see an adult on a bicycle I do not despair for the future of the
human race."--H.G.Wells