[Odonata-l] Habitat preference for Ophiogomphus anomalus, Neurocordulia michaeli, and Helocordulia uhleri

Rob Foster rfoster at tbaytel.net
Fri Sep 14 14:25:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I am looking for quantitative descriptions of larval habitat for Ophiogomphus anomalus, Neurocordulia michaeli, and Helocordulia uhleri,
particularly with respect to substrate (e.g., particle size) and hydrology (e.g. water depth, current velocity, flow regime).

This information would be used to help design tailraces (outflows) at hydropower installations that would be suitable for these species.

If anybody has any such information and is willing to share it, or point me towards any published or grey literature that I may have missed, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Rob Foster
Dr. Robert F. Foster
Northern Bioscience