[Odonata-l] California/Southwest Guides

Kathy &/or Dave Biggs bigsnest at sonic.net
Thu Nov 13 15:58:08 PST 2008

Hi all,

I have some 'book store return' copies of /Dragonflies of California and
//Common Dragonflies of the Southwest /that I want to offer to any of
you members of the _dragonfly discussion groups _at a discounted price.

The story:
As some of you know, my /Common Dragonflies of California /has been out
of print for several years.

In 2004 I updated and expanded it with a /Common Dragonflies of the
Southwest/. That book didn't sell well 'as is' in CA, so in 2005 I
created a Dust Jacket for that book, which contained 6 more Calif.
species. I sell that book as /Dragonflies of California and //Common
Dragonflies of the Southwest /as it contains all CA species. Well, this
year I got down to only 3 dust jackets left,/ / so I/ /wrote my
distributors that I could no longer supply them with that title.
Surprise: one distributor returned 225 'book store return' copies!

These books show a bit of shelf ware, but the pages are unblemished. If
you'd like to turn someone you know onto dragonflies, or have a 2nd copy
of the book for your car, cabin, etc.,  I'm selling these guides, thru
Xmas, for 'half price'  to_ members of the dragonfly discussions groups
ONLY  _for $5.00 (plus tax of $0.39  if you live in CA) instead of
$10.95 (+ tax).

Click on this link to learn more about the book:

Click on this 'secret' link (only linked to from this email), to fill
out an order form (Word.doc):
CalOdes: Book store returns.doc
SoWestOdes: Book store returns.doc

Odonata-L - the form should be attached to this email.

Kathy Biggs

California Dragonflies	       http://www.sonic.net/dragonfly
Southwest Dragonflies	       http://southwestdragonflies.net/
Bigsnest Wildlife Pond	       http://www.bigsnestpond.net/
Kathy and Dave Biggs	       bigsnest at sonic.net      707-823-2911
308 Bloomfield Rd.             Sebastopol, CA  95472
dba Azalea Creek Publishing    azalea at sonic.net   fax: 707-823-2911